February 05, 2014

Hot Glowz

Description: Light-up hair extensions
Main Pitch: "Add fabulous flair to your hair"
Main Offer: $10 for a set of 3 (blue, white, pink)
Bonus: 2nd set (just pay P&H)
Marketer: Allstar
Producer: As Seen on Productions
Website: www.HotGlowz.com
Prediction: N/A

I couldn't possibly guess if this is something young girls would like, so I'll use this space to talk about the TV history of similar items ...

Back in 2011, Telebrands rolled out with Snap-On Feathers (No. 12 in this Weekly Round-Up), but it wasn't a major hit. To wit: It made my Summer True Top 50, but did not make my True Top 50 of the year.

Then in 2012, Allstar hit it big with Hot Huez hair chalk. (On a related note, this is the fifth attempt under the "Hot" brand I have tracked. The others were Hot Buns, Hot Bob and Hot Designs.)

Also worth mentioning: IdeaVillage tried a light-up scrunchie that was a fast fail in November of last year (see No. 7 in this Weekly Round-Up) ... And that's all I got!