January 02, 2014

Catch-A-Light

Description: An LED lantern (of sorts)
Main Pitch: "Simulates the same effect as a jar of fireflies ... but the bugs never die"
Main Offer: $14.95 for one
Bonus: 2nd one (just pay P&H)
Marketer: Allstar
Producer: Morgan James
Website: www.CatchALight.com
Prediction: On the fence

Another LED lantern, just what we need -- but wait! This one is more toy/nightlight than lantern, and that might be enough to break the losing streak. After all, one of the most magical childhood memories I have is catching fireflies in a jar ...

Then again, that's my childhood. We didn't have immersive gaming consoles, tablets and mobile devices. In other words, maybe this is yet another analog idea in a digital world (or a digital imitation of an analog idea -- you get my point).

I also wonder if this is like the projection aspect of Dream Lites (see My Lil' Rainbow): A pitch that only works when it's attached to a plush toy. We'll see.