January 06, 2014

HD Vision Visor

Description: A visor accessory
Main Pitch: "Reduce glare and turn your vision into high definition"
Main Offer: $19.99 for one
Bonus: HD Vision Sunglasses (free)
Marketer: IdeaVillage
Producer: NexTV
Website: www.HDVisionVisor.com
Prediction: On the fence

I can pretty much repeat my review of HD Vision Night Vision Wraparounds here. This is IdeaVillage's answer to a product that launched months ago (EZ View HD), and the commercial features the same in-car testimonials technique I found odd last time.

That said, I'm not prepared to draw the same conclusion about what will happen at retail. My gut was obviously wrong about the potential for the item -- the EZ View HD Website is still live -- but I question whether the item has enough response to fuel two campaigns. More to the point, this isn't as obvious of an HD Vision line extension as the night-vision sunglasses. Indeed, it strikes me as somewhat cannibalistic. (I suppose it's best to cannibalize yourself, though.)

One last thing: There is a key difference between this item and its competition. This one has two "lenses," one for day and one for night -- but I'm not sure that's an improvement. I actually think it over-complicates an otherwise straightforward product.