August 01, 2013

Flipeez

Description: Hats for kids
Main Pitch: "Super fun action hats that come alive right before your eyes"
Main Offer: $19.95 for one
Alt Offer: $99 for all seven
Marketer: IdeaVillage
Producer: Infomercials Inc.
Website: www.Flipeez.com
Prediction: Hit!

This is an excellent idea for a follow-up to Stompeez, and one of those items that will sell like hotcakes during the holiday season regardless of how much DRTV advertising is behind it. Of course, kids' items are always a bit of a gamble because they follow different rules ... But this is as close to a no-brainer as you can get.

On a side note, I found the $99 alternate offer especially interesting. I'm curious to know if that big of a "deluxe" offer can convert well.

1 comment:

  1. I read your review with great interest. While I think they will do OK, I do not think they will be a hit. A few reasons:

    1) Seasonality. I think sales in the South will be less than sales in the North.

    2) With Stompeez, all you had to do was step. With Flipeez, you need to use your hands (more labor intensive). I think the novelty will wear off quicker than with Stompeez.

    3) I would have gone in a different creative direction than re-creating the Stompeez commercial. Music and creative elements are tired.

    4) I reviewed this item a couple of years ago, and I recommended that they immediately do Disney, Nickelodeon, etc. licenses and sell at the amusement parks.

    Perhaps I will be wrong, but I feel it's too easy to call this a hit on the back of Stompeez.

    ReplyDelete