January 11, 2012

Review: Diamond X4

Description: A CZ ring
Main Pitch: "Experience the brilliance of flawless diamonds"
Main Offer: $20 for one
Bonus: Matching CZ band (additional $6.99)
Marketer: Telebrands
Website: www.DiamondX4.com
Prediction: Unlikely to succeed

I wrote about jewelry and what seems to work on DRTV just the other day, so I won't repeat myself here. One difference: Fake precious stones have sold well in print for years, so this attempt isn't as crazy as it might seem. However, I think the approach doesn't translate well to TV and screams "scam" even though the proper disclosures are made. Maybe it's the classical music and the British accent?

1 comment:

  1. i ordered the diamond z4 ring and band. the order was supose to be here within 3 to 5 business days of my order. The order was placed on saturday so therefore that day and sunday didnt count. Well you allow people to get on and check the statis of the orders that they place. My order says that it wont be shipped out for about 15 business days and that i should allow so many business days before i actually recieve my product. Granted that this was my first time ordering anything off of the television, I would still think that when you are told somethig, like how many days it will take, and then find out that what you was told was a lie that is a little messed up. so for my 'confussion' when i placed my order they gave me a $5 'charge account' with a confirmation code. Then when i just checked the status of my order, the order was changed. Now im getting the diamond-x4 ring with the diamond-z4 band a $15 gift card and priority processing charge of $9.99. So how is that suppose to work. the rings wont match becuase the x4 is sterling silver with platnum plating and the z4 isnt. so there for the x4 ring and the z4 band are not gunna be a matching set like i ordered in the first place. How do you go about changing something like that and making the customer happy? Because what i have witnessed on my FIRST time of ordering products off of television, i aint too empressed by it.

    ReplyDelete