November 20, 2014

Cat A Pillar

Description: A cat tunnel toy
Main Pitch: "Keep your feline friends busy for hours"
Main Offer: $10 for one
Bonus: 2nd one (just pay a separate fee)
Marketer: Telebrands
Producer: Concepts TV
Website: www.BuyCatAPillar.com
Prediction: Unlikely to succeed

Telebrands deserves more than a flippant review, but I called it!

While eating crow for failing to predict the success of Cat's Meow, I wrote: "My only consolation will be watching 12 other cat toys fail as marketers demonstrate this isn't really a category ... Actually, that will be sad." We are now a third of the way there (see also Cheese Tease, SmartyKat Feather Whirl and Twinkle Paws).

Of course, this could work and really force me to eat crow. But I seriously doubt that. Like trying to have a hit with a hair product or fashion item, it's impossible to guess what cat owners will go crazy for .

[The commercial for this project is also available here.]