March 18, 2014

Sobakawa Huggy Body Pillow

Description: A body pillow
Main Pitch: "Caress your head, cradle your back and support your legs all at the same time"
Main Offer: 2 pay of $19.99
Bonus: None
Starring: Taylor Baldwin
Marketer: National Express
Website: www.BuyHuggyPillow.com
Prediction: On the fence

Little more than a year ago, there were four DR pillows vying for space on retail shelves (see my review of Pleasure Pedic for details), creating a clear exception to my "only room for one" rule. Now, the pillow category is heating up once again: I'm seeing more tests every day. Will we see another big hit this year? Or maybe two or three?

It's hard to say as I don't know if "hit" has the same meaning in this category as in others. We certainly aren't talking Pocket Hose volumes here, but then prices in this category are also higher than normal. Indeed, this project is banking on twice the normal DR price being acceptable. Color me skeptical.

I also think not enough time has passed since everyone and their mother was trying to sell a pillow to try to revive the category ... Besides, isn't this just a really big Side Sleeper Pro?