July 03, 2013

Sneak a Poo

Description: An odor-prevention spray
Main Pitch: "Stops the smell so no one can tell"
Main Offer: $10 for a 2-oz bottle & free travel bottle
Bonus: Double the offer (just pay S&H)
Starring: Debi Marie
Marketer: For Life Products
Producer: Hutton-Miller
Website: www.SneakAPoo.com
Prediction: Unlikely to succeed

This is the best handling of this subject I've ever seen in a DRTV creative -- by far. (See here for the worst handling.) That's no surprise given this is the same brilliant team that brought us the One Massager commercial, another example of a delicate subject handled with expert care. I only have one complaint, and that's the name: It tries to be cute but ends up sounding juvenile.

As for the product and the project in general, I have to go with my 's--t solutions don't sell' theory yet again (see #11) and predict failure for this one. Backing up my opinion is the crappy (heh, heh) category history. In DR, the third time is never the charm -- and both Sully's FREE! and Just A Drop (which I am 90% sure was tested on DRTV) flopped.