December 06, 2011

Review: Bra Tree

Description: A bra organizer
Main Pitch: "Keeps all your bras in perfect shape by giving them their very own place"
Main Offer: $19.99 for one (pink or black) with bra saver bag
Bonus: Double the offer (just pay P&H)
Starring: Taylor Baldwin
Marketer: Plymouth Direct/Media Enterprises
Producer: Hutton-Miller
Website: www.BraTree.com
Prediction: On the fence

I don't have a good sense on this one because personal experience and DRTV history offer little in the way of clear direction. My handful of attempts at marketing a closet-organizing product have met with failure. Several closet hangers have been successful over the years (Magic Hangers, Huggable Hangers, Wonder Hanger), but the common benefit is that they were all space saving. The only bra-saving item that ever popped up on my radar was Bra Baby. Although it seems to have found some success, it wasn't a big DRTV item.

If this were my project, then, I would have filled the knowledge gap with some kind of market research. Looking at the creative team behind this one, I'm sure that's exactly what happened, so there's a decent shot this project will succeed.