June 12, 2014

Be Active

Description:A solution for sciatica pain
Main Pitch: "Instantly helps ease discomfort in your lower back, buttocks and legs"
Main Offer: $10 for one
Bonus: 2nd one (just pay P&H)
Marketer: Top Dog
Producer: Concepts
Website: www.BeActiveBrace.com
Prediction: Unlikely to succeed

I could easily rely on a catch-phrase here to explain why I think this project won't work (can you guess which one?), but category history tells the tale. Since the Back Relief Belt was a modest success in 2006 (No. 55 on the JW Annual that year), no attempt to find a hit in the back-relief category has been successful -- at least not in short form. My 2012 Happy Back review details the history.

Even a 2012 attempt to bring back the Back Relief Belt itself failed. On top of that, this particular item has a credibility barrier to overcome and claims to worry about. I wouldn't have gone forward, but I'm sure the Top Dog guys know something I don't.