May 09, 2013

Miracle Hands

Description: Compression gloves
Main Pitch: "Improved circulation, soothing comfort and support for the joints and muscles in your fingers and hands"
Main Offer: $10 for one pair
Bonus: 2nd pair (just pay a separate fee)
Marketer: Telebrands
Producer: Sullivan Productions
Website: www.GetMiracleHands.com
Prediction: On the fence

Is it brotherly love or sibling rivalry? Hard to tell these days, but the "Miracle" brand clearly belongs to Ontel, which had success with both Miracle Foot Repair (and related moisturizing creams) and Miracle Socks. They also tried Miracle Slippers.

I assume the best -- that this is a sanctioned brand extension of Miracle Socks -- and will make my comments accordingly.

My gut says this item is unlikely to succeed, but I also know my gut doesn't understand this category very well. I never figured these catalog staples for mass-market items. Miracle Socks surprised me, so I am reserving judgment here.

One thing I do know: If there is any potential, Telebrands will maximize the heck out of it at retail.