November 15, 2012

Wax Vac

Description: An ear cleaner
Main Pitch: "The safe and effective way to clean and dry your ears"
Main Offer: $10 for one with 8 tips, cleaning brush
Bonus: Double the offer (just pay separate P&H)
Marketer: Lenfest/Hampton Direct
Producer: PB&J
Website: www.WaxVac.com
Prediction: N/A

This item is already No. 15 on the IMS, so it is too late to make an honest prediction. However, I will cop to my original prediction: highly unlikely to succeed.

My (clearly wrong) opinion was that Q-Tips are a 'good enough' solution to the problem of dirty ears -- despite the supposedly dire warnings (which seem to have no impact on robust and regular cotton-swab sales). I was told of people that have problems cleaning their ears properly -- and told of all the problems that go along with that -- but I didn't believe there were enough of these people to sustain a DRTV campaign. For instance, the guy in the opening of this commercial probably shouldn't be left alone with a fork or any other pointy object.

What can I say? I was wrong. I'm not as smart as I think I am. On a related note, kudos to the guy who is as smart as he thinks he is and got this one right (you know who you are).

1 comment:

  1. When I seen this product come out I had to laugh. I mean who would think of something like this. I cannot see something like this working and I have researched many reviews and they are not on the rave list. How can a product like this actually extract caked in ear wax. Another thing that puzzles me is how can a child use this without damaging their ears. I think it is a danger to children unless mom and pop lock it away from the kids. If people buy into this they have to be mad. Then they say to put liquid in your ear to soften the wax then use this vac. I wouldn't recommend anyone putting anything inside their ears. If you are that desperate to have clean ears then see a doctor. It doesn't take much to lose your hearing permenantly.

    ReplyDelete