April 05, 2012

Spring Cleaning 2012

As part of an ongoing effort to make this blog the most complete record of DRTV history possible, I present the results of my annual closet cleaning. That is, here are a few tests that I didn't blog about last year for various reasons ...

  • Baggler. Marketer: Lenfest. Producer: Opfer. Pitch: "The incredible grocery-bag carryall that holds it all, so you can transport it all, all at once." Comments: I liked this item when I first heard about it, but then I also liked U-Go Bags, which didn't make it either. [ss]
  •  
  • Max Tall. Marketer: IdeaVillage. Pitch: "Ultra-comfortable shoe inserts that give you inches in height, so you can look taller instantly." Comments: I still think there is a large niche that would be interested in this product. [a]
  •  
  • Minute Mounts. Marketer: Allstar. Pitch: "The fast, easy way to hang any TV like a pro." Comments: Written by yours truly. Would fail again as Raptor Mount with Art Edmonds (and without me). My theory is the credibility barrier was insurmountable (pardon the pun). [a]
  •  
  • Perfect Micro Crisper. Marketer: Lenfest. Producer: Hutton-Miller. Pitch: "The amazing crisping pan that transforms your microwave into a gourmet, reheating machine." Comments: This one was around for a while, but never quite made it. [a]
  •  
  • Trim Perfect. Starring: Michelle Edmonds. Marketer: Allstar. Producer: Hutton-Miller. Pitch: "The ultimate home hair-trimming solution." Comments: Neat concept, but perhaps too limited. It sells online under the name CreaClip. Spot is here.