April 05, 2012

Review: Last Lid

Description: A fabric garbage can lid
Main Pitch: "They always fit just right and guarantee you animal proof, weatherproof protection for life"
Main Offer: $10.99 for one with five zip ties
Bonus: Double the offer (just pay a separate fee)
Website: www.LastLid.com
Prediction: Unlikely to succeed

This one fails my 'availability' test because there are so many garbage cans on the market that have locking lids. This will result in a weak problem perception for most people. That said, when I had this problem (before I got better garbage cans), I might have considered buying this solution. I just don't think there's enough of a market here to support a DRTV rollout, or enough excitement to motivate an impulse purchase. Seems like it might be a good retail and/or catalog item, though.