July 29, 2015

Trim Dazzler

Description: Tape-on trim
Main Pitch: "Add dazzling trim for the hottest trends"
Main Offer: $10 for 20 ft of tape, 20 ft of trim
Bonus: Double the offer (just pay a separate fee)
Marketer: Telebrands
Watch the spot

This is pure fashion, which I interpret as 'low odds of success.' Assuming the commercial is correct and this look is "trendy" (I have no way of knowing), they could get lucky. But going back to my gambling analogy, that's like betting on one square of the Roulette table ... in the high-roller section ... where the minimum bet is five figures.

S7 Analysis: This project fails my first, and perhaps most important, criteria: It isn't needed. Consider the contrived problem opening: "Tired of that worn-out wardrobe?" If the viewer's answer is yes, the solution is obvious: go shopping. At least, that would be the solution given by every woman I know!