March 26, 2015

Strap Hanger

Description: An organizing hanger
Main Pitch: "Organizes your camisoles and tank tops instantly"
Main Offer: $10 for 2
Bonus: 2 more (just pay P&H)
Marketer: Allstar
Producer: Concepts
Watch the spot

Organization is tricky. When it comes to shoes (Shoes Away, Shoes Under) and spices (Swivel Store, Spicy Shelf) there seems to be enough interest to support a campaign. Not so in every other case I can think of. For this reason, I usually recommend against closet organizers unless they save space, which is the case here. Like Wonder Hanger and Magic Hangers before it, this takes a row of hangers and collapses it down into a single, vertical hanger -- and that seems to be a winning pitch.

S7 Analysis: Although I don't wear the clothes shown in this commercial (or do I?), my observations of women's closets over the years -- or the garments on the floor of said closets -- tell me this product is needed. This product certainly looks different than anything on the market, too. Whether women will like that look is anyone's guess.