April 03, 2013

Great Kitchen Secrets

Description: A book of kitchen tips
Main Pitch: "More than 5,000 fantastic tips" to "help you save"
Main Offer: $10 for the book
Bonus: Great Cleaning Secrets (just pay a separate fee)
Starring: Chef Tony Notaro
Marketer: Telebrands
Website: www.GetKitchenSecrets.com
Prediction: N/A

At the International Home + Housewares Show in Chicago last month, I was surprised to learn Telebrands is promoting books such as Who Knew? 10,0001 Easy Solutions to Everyday Problems.

With the exception of the Kevin Trudeau Natural Cures phenomenon, I have never known a book to sell well on DRTV, especially in short form. But Telebrands obviously has something new going on that I don't understand yet, so I am going to take a 'wait and see' position until I do understand it.