January 15, 2015

Jelly Strips

Description: A gel patch
Main Pitch: "Instantly soothes and protects for all day comfortable feet"
Main Offer: $10 for 2
Bonus: Double the offer, free shipping
Marketer: Telebrands
Watch it on iSpot.tv

This is one of those cases where experience puts my gut at odds with my head. My head says this is a good product because it solves a (literally) painful problem. My gut wants to group this product with all of the insoles that have been tried (none successfully).

Although rarely a factor, I think perceived value may also hinder this project. Even though the strips are supposed to be reusable, they look disposable (and probably should be). That makes it hard to get excited about the $10 price point -- especially when the offer starts with only two strips.

S7 Analysis: The one criterion I get stuck on is whether this product is different enough to get women's attention. To resolve the question, I'd need to do a lot more research than an unpaid blogger should be doing. Guess I'll just wait and see what happens.