June 20, 2013

Perfect Wing

Description: A rack for chicken wings
Main Pitch: The "hands-free, hassle-free way to make delicious, crispy chicken wings"
Main Offer: $10 for one with recipe guide and bottle-top baster
Bonus: 2nd rack and recipe guide (just pay P&H)
Starring: Marc Gill
Marketer: Allstar
Producer: The Schwartz Group
Website: www.BuyPerfectWing.com
Prediction: Likely to succeed

A confession: My personal bias for wings probably pushed me off the fence here. If I were looking at this 100% objectively, I would have to admit this is as much of a 50/50 shot as most of the other "Perfect" items attempted, only four of which have succeeded (none of them obvious).

I also think the commercial takes a long time to get to anything like a real rationale for the product. There is the obligatory 'problem opening,' but most of the first half of the spot is spent making the viewer hungry ... which worked on me, so maybe that wasn't a bad idea!

Otherwise, what's not to like? Wings have to top the list of America's favorite appetizers, and this commercial certainly covers everyone's preferred style/flavor -- and then some.