May 08, 2012

Review: iScope

Description: A flashlight and reaching tool
Main Pitch: "The amazing, extendable all-purpose tool that's more than just a flashlight"
Main Offer: $14.95 for one
Bonus: 2nd one (free)
Marketer: Emson (Bell + Howell)
Website: www.BuyiScope.com
Prediction: Unlikely to succeed

I've been down this road three times before, and it's a dead end.

[Self-criticism: I said the same thing about Grout Bully. Turns out it wasn't a dead end at all. But then I'd only been down that particular road twice, and not for a while. Not a great excuse, but there it is.]

Back to this test, I can't figure out the new online offer. It's $10 with no bonus, so no extra S&H. They do spend a lot of time teasing the deluxe upgrade, but if people don't go for it, I can't see how they will get the average sale into a viable range? One to watch perhaps.