July 08, 2011

Review: Hair Bean

Description: A bean-shaped detangling brush
Main Pitch: "The pain-free way to eliminate tangles without pulling out a single hair"
Main Offer: $10 for one with mirrored travel case
Bonus: 2nd set (just pay processing), free shipping, surprise gift
Marketer: Telebrands
Producer: Blue Moon Studios
Website: www.HairBean.com
Prediction: On The Fence

This is the better Telebrands' product I mentioned in my quick review of Hair Glider (No. 4). Still, I recall having mixed feelings when I first saw it. Although it solves a problem a similar concept, OrbitBrush, failed on DRTV a few years ago.

This has a much different design and a different pitch, so maybe this one will succeed. Blue Moon does a good job broadening the appeal as well, since there's a tendency in these spots to focus too much on kids. Speaking of the commercial, I really like the convertible "torture test." Well conceived and executed!