October 14, 2010

Review: Tush Turner

Description: A swiveling seat cushion
Main Pitch: "Makes getting in & out of any car easy and pain free"
Main Offer: 2 pay of $10 for two cushions
Bonus: Windshield Wonder (just pay separate S&H)
Marketer: Telebrands
Website: www.TushTurner.com
Prediction: Unlikely to succeed

This item has been around for a while, and it has been tested in many different ways. I don't think anyone has ever tried this exact approach, but I doubt a clever name and a clever offer is going to be enough to turn a past failure into a winner.

The main problem for DRTV is it's really a "seniors only" product. While seniors represent a significant percentage of DRTV buyers, that percentage isn't big enough to sustain a rollout campaign on its own.

That said, I've always liked this item, and I think it could definitely find a home at retail, especially at drug chains. If that's the strategy, I predict success.

1 comment:

  1. this is the biggest bunch of nothing I have ever seen in my by the time you return it after the shipping cost. return shipping you are left with absolutely nothing the company can take these things and ship them off to another sucker and then laugh all the way to the bank at the 1995 shipping and handling the total was 33 and some change now I have to pay to send them back to get back my 1995 the cost of shipping is almost what I paid for them would this item I plead insanity

    ReplyDelete