October 11, 2010

Review: Easy Feet

Description: A device for scrubbing feet
Main Pitch: "Cleans and massages your feet from heel to toe"
Main Offer: $14.99 for one
Bonus: 2nd one (just pay processing)
Marketer: Zoom TV Products
Website: www.BuyEasyFeet.com
Prediction: Likely to succeed

My first impression of this product: It looks like a flip-flop for a fetishist. Then I realized you don't wear it, you suction it to your tub and use it to clean, exfoliate and massage your feet. The further I got into the commercial, the more I liked it (as a DRTV item, that is).

What's not to like? This category is well established on DRTV and at retail with a string of past hits we all could name. Everything from IdeaVillage's Spin Spa to Ontel's Miracle Foot Repair to the recent Telebrands mega-hit Ped Egg has shown this problem drives sales.

As for this particular solution, it covers all the bases, and the commercial even has a charming pitch for kids. The only weakness I see is the odd look of the product that I joked about at the top of this column. At retail, that could be a liability since this really does look like footwear instead of footcare.

8 comments:

  1. What's the problem? Can't bend over to clean your feet? Most people just shower and do not soap up their feet except with what soap flows from the body. The callous benefit is good, but that is not the focus of the spot.

    ReplyDelete
  2. some people cant bend over!!!!!!!!! for age wise please dont be so ignorant its a great product great idea i love it and its great for eldery people great job

    ReplyDelete
  3. My only concern is that this is a product that you wouldn't necessarily want to share with others, right? Each person in the household should have his or her own easy foot.

    ReplyDelete
  4. The web site is deceiving. The contact number is disconnected. They are deceptive about shipping charges, Be Careful. Wait until they come to stores.

    ReplyDelete
  5. I agree, Shipping and handling is $8 per set or $16 total shipping. Wait till it comes to the stores and get them for 14.99 each without shipping charges. You have waited all your life, wait a few weeks more till they hit the stores

    ReplyDelete
  6. I'm so happy to see this on Scimark with a "likely to succeed" next to it. This one struck me much the same. I happen to like the idea of easy feet since the market is so established for this type of product, it really makes no difference how I feel about it. It is going to sell well whether it works or not.

    ReplyDelete
  7. It may be a great product, won't be sure until I receive them. However, they are sneaky. You have to buy two pairs. While the second one is free, the shipping is an additional 7.99. If you want the deluxe pair it is another 9.99 plus 3.99 shipping per pair. Then they try to get you to buy more and other items. If you don't want to wait 4-6 weeks it is another 7.99 to have them ship it in 3-4 days. I ended up with the one pair plus the free pair for $66.92.

    ReplyDelete
  8. This is one of the most deceptive websites I've ever used to purchase an item. I completely agree with several other posts: the order form asks, "How Many?" When you click on (1) you are actually buying a unit of two, but this does not become apparent until you place your order and realize that you've been charged $15 for shipping! I tried to reach them over the weekend but of course their office is closed. If I am unable to cancel, then I will lodge a complaint through my credit card company.

    ReplyDelete