October 18, 2021

Noteworthy: As Bean on TV


Description:
Maxwell House, Gevalia & Ethical Bean coffee
Pitch: "Yes, we really did this"
Offer: $19.99 for all three
Bonus: Free shipping
Starring: Melissa Joan Hart
Marketer: The Kraftz Heinz Company
Visit Website

Testing the "people don't buy from clowns" theory, this three-minute commercial parodies our industry at the same time it tries to use its techniques to sell a real offer.

I supposed it could work as reminder advertising for the first two brands and awareness advertising for the third brand (at least, I'm not familiar with it). But if the idea is to get a feasible ROI...I wouldn't hold my breath.

As for Ms. Hart, she's quite lovely, and I like her comedic timing. The writing for this creative is also clever and fun. Indeed, the whole "skit" reminds me of what Ryan Renolds is doing so well with advertising right now.