September 09, 2015

Neateez

Description: A tray for kids
Main Pitch: "The mess-free way for kids to eat and play"
Main Offer: $14.99 for one in blue, pink, red or green
Bonus: 2nd in same color (just pay P&H)
Marketer: Allstar
Producer: Hutton-Miller
Watch the spot

When trying to assess an item like this, my mind goes immediately to Gyro Bowl, but there are two caveats to that comparison. The first is that the "wow" of that 2011 hit's visual demo (the gyroscopic action) was something unique and special. The second is that Gyro Bowl just might be an outlier.

I've mentioned that Snackeez and Wow Cup could be used to finish out the three needed to call this a category, but I'm not 100% comfortable with that conclusion. In any case, this particular product is purely practical and only solves a problem for parents. I can't see kids getting excited about it and pestering their parents.

S7 Analysis: When trying to target a narrow market like this (young kids), I believe even higher marks on the key criteria are required. For me, this one doesn't even check all the boxes.