November 07, 2012

Egg Beats

Description: A non-electric speaker
Main Pitch: "The self-powered silicone speakers for iPhones"
Main Offer: $10 for one in blue, pink, orange or green
Bonus: 2nd one (just pay S&H), 2 screen protectors
Marketer: IdeaVillage
Website: www.GetEggBeats.com
Prediction: Bomb

The one doesn't make any sense to me. Regarding the product: Why buy this when you can buy a real kickin' mini speaker for just $5 more? Also, it only works with iPhones. Actually, it only works with new iPhones. Talk about a segment of a segment.

As for the commercial, doing an all-animation spot for an item that is bound to raise questions and believability concerns is a really bad idea. The with/without sound demo is a case in point: It has zero credibility.

I've used this product, and the sad part is it's really neat! There must be a better way to pitch it on DRTV. This isn't even close.

1 comment:

  1. The Egg Beats are useless. Your iPhone must be out of its case to use. Even when you take it out of the case and place into the Egg Beat product I do not notice much difference in the sound quality or volume. Honestly, I’ve gotten a much louder sound by placing my phone in a drinking glass or cereal bowl. DO NOT WASTE YOUR MONEY ON EGG BEATS!!!! Then in order to return the product you cannot get the processing and handling fee back and you have to pay for the return shipping back. I purchased the 2 for 1 deal for $19.98 and it will cost me at least $5 to ship the stupid things back so basically I will get $5 back on these useless pieces of plastic. Hope this review helps others from making the same mistake I did.

    ReplyDelete