April 14, 2011

Review: Perfect Pearl

Description: An oyster with a pearl inside
Main Pitch: "Imagine the joy of opening an oyster to magically reveal your very own lovely pearl"
Main Offer: $19.99 for pearl oyster, locket and chain
Starring: Double the offer (just pay S&P)
Marketer: SAS Group
Website: www.MyPerfectPearl.com
Prediction: On the Fence

When I first thought about this idea, I liked it. IdeaVillage's Prayer Cross (see No. 2) demonstrated that jewelry with a twist can work on DRTV. Although that was a religious item and this one isn't (as far as I know), I liked the twist. But when I spoke to a few people, they were underwhelmed. Some even thought it was gross to have to dig into an oyster for a piece of jewelry. That's why I'm on the fence about this one. Otherwise, it meets most of the criteria, including one the Prayer Cross failed: It's priced correctly for TV.

2 comments:

  1. I'm a little confused here... so did it say it "matures" in 5 years? So i buy this thing and need to keep it for 5 years THEN open it? Unbelievable... Don't think this one is going to be too successful.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Way unclear. Is the shell the actual one that produced the pearl, with all the wet stinky internal oyster body parts inside, or just a clean shell with a perfect pearl placed inside it by a Chinese woman at the factory?

    ReplyDelete