July 06, 2010

Review: Literoo

Description: A multi-function worklight
Main Pitch: "A flashlight, a clamp light and it stands up to become a utility light"
Main Offer: $14.95 for one
Bonus: 2nd one (just pay separate P&H)
Starring: David Dodd
Producer: Blue Moon Studios
Marketer: Allstar
Website: www.Literoo.com
Prediction: Unlikely to succeed

The only reason I can't predict success for this campaign is the same 'category confusion' issue I mentioned in my Flashlight Man review. When it comes to creative, however, the two campaigns couldn't be more different.

This is a quality commercial with great demos and a gem of a new spokesman who reminds me of the late Matt Lattimore. As I wrote in my other review, if the Telebrands campaign has to compete on creative, it will be at a distinct disadvantage.

This product is also superior, probably enough to command the $5 higher price point. Due in no small part to its name, Flashlight Man seems like a toy by comparison.