November 28, 2011

Review: Can Handler

Description: A spinning can organizer
Main Pitch: "Rotates so you can easily see every can and quickly grab the one you need"
Main Offer: $10 for one
Bonus: 2nd one, spinning Packet Handler (just pay processing)
Marketer: Telebrands
Producer: Blue Moon
Website: www.GetCanHandler.com
Prediction: Unlikely to succeed

I continue to stick to my "one is an outlier, three is a category" rule. So far, I've only seen an outlier in the kitchen organization category: Merchant Media's Swivel Store (which was also produced by Blue Moon). Hit #2 has yet to present itself, lending credence to my hypothesis that "spices might be a special case."

(I don't count Smart Spin because it preceded Swivel Store by long enough to suggest it may also have been an outlier. But even if I did count it, we'd only have two, not three.)

Further lowering the odds for this one: Several can organizers have failed on DRTV. I remember a u-shaped one for soda cans that went inside a refrigerator, and a Ferris Wheel-like contraption that bombed for two different marketers.

Incidentally, some day I will do a feature on the best (or worst) double-entendre names in DR. Kitchen Quicky will likely top the list, but Can Handler will definitely make the cut!